Visitors

19 May 2011

Post 89: UConn Transfer?

A Huskie with Tiger blood?
by MizzMatt via PowerMizzou.com 3/19/11
New Haven, CT- A possible transfer for the Frank Haith administration could be coming way of the University of Connecticut Huskies.  Jamaal Coombs-McDaniel, who was allegedly arrested for possession of marijuana, has decided to leave Jim Calhoun and the Huskies as a memory.  He has already made an unofficial visit to Hofstra University and plans to visit Miami (FL) [Haith's former employer] next week, following up with a visit to Mizzou the week after that.  He has also listed UC-Irvine as a possible destination.

Coombs said of his transfer, "I just wanted to play more, finish up my career strong, personally, and basically be a main, focal player on a team at this point in my career ... My playing time was going up, going down, going up, and we have a lot of good kids coming back next year. I don't want to spend my junior year like that. I want to be happy throughout the year."

What about your relationship with Jim Calhoun?  He added that he and coach were "cool".  He added, "I respect him, I'm sure he respects me. It's just personal business. I have to look for a better situation for me."

What the probability is that he chooses to transfer to Mizzou over Hofstra, Miami and UC-Irvine is, I don't know.  But what I do know is that Coombs' former AAU teammate and good friend Phil Pressey plays at Mizzou (in case you didn't know).  Perhaps that could come into play, since Pressey decided to not follow former Tiger coach Mike Anderson to the University of Arkansas after a whirlwind of speculation that he would.

source: http://borgesblognhr.blogspot.com/

Play free web games.

Use the countdown generator to create your own countdown.